Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Some More Gift Boxes with Cards

A few weeks ago I posted about a few boxes I had made after seeing this YouTube video by Robyn aka injoystampin. Here is a link to that post. I so enjoyed making them that I just had to make more. They have been a big hit with others also, they love the idea of using them to box cookies to give for the holidays, so I have even sold a few, email me if you are interested. I have plans to make more. Here are some of the ones I've made ..

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, November 5, 2011

A Christmas Angel

Last year I came across this blog post by Maya Road design team member Jennifer Beason. She made an angel by altering the chipboard Christmas Tree Layered Book, I thought it was amazing, and I just happened to have had that chipboard book so I had pulled it out and cut the pieces but that was as far as I got, so this year when I pulled out my Christmas stash and found it, I decided to finally make the angel, and here is what I created.

This paper line is a few years old and I don't remember what it is, but I do love it. I guess that's why I bought it in the first place, lol ... For the wings I used a large white chipboard butterfly that I cut in half and embellished with Stickles. The banner is a scalloped chipboard rectangle that I painted in off white and dusted the edges with a golden yellow chalk ink and then stamped the Rejoice with document ink using a stamp I got recently from the dollar bin at Michaels.

Have a blessed weekend
Thanks for stopping by

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Quick DIY

I've taken a little detour in the midst of creating ... For years now, stemming back to when I was a Stampin Up Demo, I have been using sponges to apply ink to my projects, and it's been working just fine, but it can be messy on my hands. I know that there are ink applicators to purchase out there and call me cheap if you must, but with a limited budget for craft supplies, I would prefer to buy bling, flowers or other fun stuff over that. So I dug into my craft stash and found supplies to make my own.
Here is what I used ...
I took 2 of the rectangle wood pieces and glued (Mod Podge) them together for thickness. Then glued the "handle" on. I adhered the velcro to the bottom, I used my tape runner because I only had the sew~able velcro not the sticky backed, and it worked just fine, it is very sturdy.

Then I cut a strip of felt into the appropriate size pieces to pop onto the velcro, and I have a ton of felt left over.

I'm going to use up the rest of the supplies and make 3 more. This project cost me nothing at the moment because I had the supplies on hand, but it is a very inexpensive project.
Each bag of wooden pieces was $1.47, the felt was .50 @ Michaels and the velcro I had gotten at Dollar Tree. 4 applicators for under $1 each, not to bad, I'm pleased.

Thanks for stopping by!